Say goodbye to boring breakfasts and hello delicious meals to get your day off to the right start! Here are recipes you’d want to try:
No Knead Bread
- 300g bread flour
- 2.5g sugar
- 2.5g salt
- 2.5g instant yeast
- 230ml water
- 20ml olive oil
- In a large bowl combine bread flour, sugar, salt and instant yeast. Add water into the bowl and gently mix into a dough.
- Cover dough with cling wrap and let the dough rest at least for 120 mins at room temperature.
- Dough is ready when its surface is dotted with bubbles. Lightly wet a dough spatula with water and fold dough over on itself once or twice.
- Lightly flour a work surface and place dough on it; gently and quickly shape dough into a ball.
- Divide dough into 6 equal parts; again gently and quickly shape dough into 6 balls. Cover with cling wrap and let dough balls rest for 15 mins.
- Generously dust a work surface with flour. Turn the dough out onto the flour, then roll the dough to a free-form square. Fold the top of the dough till the bottom, to make an elongated shape. Gently roll it for a nice finish
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and generously drizzle with olive oil. Transfer the dough to the baking sheet. Let it rise for another 30 mins at room temperature.
- Make a cut along the top of each dough and brush olive oil on top of the dough. Bake for 15 – 17 mins in a preheated 230 degrees oven. Leave on the rack to cool.
Japanese Egg Sandwich
- 1 egg
- 2 whole grain bread, sliced
- 3 cheddar cheese, sliced
- ½ cup avocado, sliced
- Sea salt
- Fry egg in a pan on one side; toast a slice of bread on the other side of the pan. Flip bread to the other side and add cheddar cheese on top till slightly melted. Set aside.
- Lightly toast the other piece of bread. Arrange slices of avocado on bread. Place egg on top and sprinkle sea salt. Top sandwich with another slice of toast and serve.
- 2 tsps oil
- ¼ cup red onion
- 1 cup bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 3 eggs
- 1 tortilla wrap
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 – 3 pieces lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Cook the onions and bell peppers until softened.
- Add eggs, scrambling until cooked through together with onions and bell peppers. Set aside.
- Spread tortilla wrap with mayonnaise. Layer with lettuce, tomato, scrambled eggs and cheddar cheese.
- Roll up burrito-style and lightly toast on a hot pan before serving.
Fluffy Japanese Pancake
- 2 large eggs, separate egg yolk and whites
- 3 tbsps milk
- 2 tbsps sugar
- A pinch of salt
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Whisk together the egg yolks, milk, sugar, salt, vanilla essence and oil in a large bowl.
- Sift together all purpose flour and baking powder into the milk mixture. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed. After two mins, add sugar and continue beating for another 2 – 3 mins until stiff peaks form.
- Add the egg whites batter into the flour-milk batter in 3 parts. Do not overmix. Carefully fold the last part into the batter. Make sure not to break the air bubbles.
- Grease the pan with oil over low heat. Pour 2- 3 spoons of batter. Wait for 2 mins before adding another spoon of batter. Cover the pan and cook for 5 mins. Carefully flip it over. Cover the pan and let it cook for another 5 mins.
- Serve with a dust of icing sugar and your favorite fruits, syrup, whipped cream or ice cream.
Tom Yam Fried Mee Hoon
- 200gm dried mee hoon
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 dried chillies, chopped
- ½ cup water
- 3 tbsps oil
- 3 tbsps Thai chilli paste
- 2 stalk lemongrass
- 2 large chicken fillet, diced
- 6 shrimp
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tbsps oyster sauce
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 stalks mustard leaves, chopped
- Soak dried mee hoon in water for 30 mins.
- Blend garlic, onion, dried chillies and water finely.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook 3 tbsps of blended ingredients, Thai chilli paste and lemongrass till fragrant.
- Add diced chicken fillet, shrimp, carrot, kaffir lime leaves, oyster sauce, water and salt. Let it simmer till cooked through.
- Add softened mee hoon and mustard leaves. Toss lightly until mixed well. Serve hot.